The most popular series of submachine guns in the world, it functions according to the proven roller-delayed blowback principle. Tremendously reliable, with maximum safety features, ease of handling, modularity, extremely accurate and extraordinarily easy to control when firing; all features that are particularly appreciated by security forces and military users worldwide.
There are now over 100 variations of the MP5 available to cover the large number of different tactical requirements for a wide variety of users. Whether on land, water or in the air, the MP5 is universally applicable, making it usable in all areas and under all conditions. A selection of optional trigger groups allow for single fire, full automatic, 2-round, and 3-round burst capability. The weapon’s unique modular design and a variety of optional buttstocks, forearms, sight mounts, and other accessories gives the MP5 extraordinary flexibility to meet most any mission requirement.
FEATURES & SYSTEM CHARACTERISTICS:
- Highly reliable recoil-operated delayed blowback bolt system
- Precision-made free-floating, cold hammer forged barrel delivers long barrel life (20,000+ rounds)
- Fires from accurate closed-bolt position (upon cessation of firing, the bolt is closed)
- Fixed, retractable, and folding buttstocks are interchangeable
- Special attachment points for mounting optical sights or other aiming units with 100% return-to-zero
- Interchangeable trigger groups
- Extensive variety of HK and after market accessories
- Caliber: 9mm
- Width: 1.96 in.
- Height: 10.23 in.
- Weight w/ Magazine:
- 5.97 lb (MP5-A2) Fixed Stock
- Sight Radius: 13.38 in.
- Barrel Length: 8.85 in.
- Rate of Fire: 800 rpm
- Magazine Capacity: 15 or 30 rounds
- Modes of Fire: Various Configurations Available
- Sights: Dioptre Sight
- Stock: A2 Fixed